Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We also know that you care about your personal data and professional images/digital media, and we want you to trust that Finao uses these data carefully. We wrote this policy in as easy-to-read a fashion as we could, hoping that you actually might read it.
Actions are more important than words, so we follow these policies to respect and protect you and your client's privacy and to ensure that your personal information is never misused.
- what information we collect through our website, via email and phone calls, and through in-person meetings,
- how and why we collect, share, or use it,
- how we protect your information, and
Make informed decisions when using the services ("Service") we provide through our website located at www.Finao.com (the "Site"), and any new features and applications.
By using or accessing Finao Service, you are accepting the practices we describe in this document, and as we update them from time to time.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit or use our Service, you may provide:
- Personal information that you choose to disclose through various Service features. This includes your digital image files uploaded to our servers.
- Service use information that is collected by us as you interact with our Service and Site.
We define both of these as information that can be readily used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. For example, a picture of an album with the imprinting of "John and Melissa, July 3, 2020" is too general and vague to do that. An image cover of a bride and groom is personal enough to identify your clients.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You're a business person. You understand that to operate a company, we need to collect, retain, and periodically use some personally identifiable data ("Personal Information") that you submit to us voluntarily through our Service.
Why? To make your individual experience and relationship with Finao as helpful as possible, and to simplify your interaction with our website, www.Finao.com. Also, to help understand the needs and wants of professional photographers so we'll be a successful business you can depend on. Success for us also means creating jobs here in the US, giving our team nice salaries and benefits, and being able to offer you quality products at fair prices.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
- When you register with Finao Service, you provide necessary Personal Information, including your name, contact information, email address, password, and anything else that you choose to share during registration.
- When you create a profile for our Service after registering, you may provide material that may contain Personal Information, such as a selfie or headshot. (It's more fun to know who we're speaking with on the phone).
- When you upload any material such as digital images or user content on or through our Service, you may be providing Personal Information.
- When you order products or services through our Service, you provide super secret Personal Information needed to complete the transaction, including credit card, shipping, and billing information.
- When you contact us to give feedback or ask a question using our forms, email, or phone contact, you may provide your name, email address, file attachments, and all the heartfelt or inquiring detail of your comment, question, or feedback.
- When you participate in our surveys, we may collect additional Personal Information from your responses.
WHAT SERVICE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you access our Site, we may collect non-personally-identifiable tech-type information, including your browser type, operating system, domain names, and IP Address. We use different types of technologies to collect this information.
USER CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION
When you use Finao Service, we collect Personal Information related to your use so that we can make it a good experience and offer personalized features. We keep an ongoing record of your orders, purchases, and images for a reasonable period. For your convenience in reordering or replacing any heartbreaking losses, we retain your uploaded images for a minimum of one year.
Finao respects you and your customer's copyright and right to privacy as pertains to the gorgeous images you submit to our Service. We regard the content of digital images with the utmost respect and professionalism, especially in the case of VIP or boudoir client images.
We are an inclusive, live and let live company. Art expressing and honoring the human body is a genre as old as humanity. We are pleased to print your work in almost any form or context. However, we reserve the right to not create a product from images that depict the following, whether real or simulated:
- Illegal activity, particularly as it relates to minors or any vulnerable person or animal.
- Work that sensationalizes, promotes, or incites violence or hatred. What meets these criteria is solely our determination.
Sharing your work.
We love to show off your beautiful work to the world! We may contact you to request permission to use your images for promotional purposes. This may include creating sample products for public display at trade shows, on the Site, in social media, or other professional contexts. We will not reproduce identifiable images for public display without your permission. Once you grant permission, this is retained by us for future use until revoked explicitly by you. You make us very happy and grateful by sharing your work.
We may, without express permission, photograph for professional promotion completed product orders. We'll limit these to orders that cannot be used on their own to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. An example is an album cover with text depicting first names and date but without an identifiable image.
We may use comments you include in emails, surveys, or conversations as examples of customer testimonials. Who doesn't like to show off love notes?
If you would like to share anything with us, please do!
- Do you have work you're proud of? Please offer.
- Have you received an honor or won a prize or contest? Let us brag about it.
- Would you like to collaborate on a blog post, teach an online class, or have a special project idea? Let us know.
- Do you have a passion project that helps others? Maybe we can help too.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general, we use the information you submit to us to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. These uses include enabling Finao employees:
- To improve our website to serve you better.
- To assist with technical problems.
- To allow us to better respond to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up after email or phone correspondence.
- To provide administrative services.
- To monitor traffic, the number of visitors, and the effectiveness of programs.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with emails, newsletters, and surveys and to notify you of important changes to our Service, new services, and special product sales or offers. We don't do this with annoying frequency, once or twice a week at the very most, and usually not that often. We understand that no one wants a full inbox.
If you do not want to receive such email notices, you may
- Unsubscribe from the link at the bottom of our email
- log in to your account and opt-out of receiving such email, or
- send email to email@example.com or postal mail to Privacy, Finao, 200 W Bennett St., Saline, MI 48176.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving important or useful email messages regarding updates, improvements, sales, or special offers.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your Personal Information with third parties only in limited circumstances. We do not sell your Personal Information to third party marketers without your permission.
Finao may disclose your personal information or images if required to do so by law. We may be required to disclose user information according to lawful requests, such as subpoenas, law enforcement investigations, or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws.
We also may release information to protect the rights, property, safety, or other interests of Finao, its employees, our customers, or other third parties or to prevent illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents, or government agencies.
We comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and do business only with companies that also comply.
CAN SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, requests, or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates about orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance if one is used.
- Honor opt-out or unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
We may provide collected information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to:
- facilitate our business, such as to host our Service at a co-location facility for servers,
- to send out email updates about Finao or our Service,
- to remove repetitive information from our user lists,
- to process payments for products or services,
- to print the projects that you order, or
- to provide search results, personalized advertising, or links.
For example: when you place an order through our Service, your billing information is transmitted to a third-party credit card processor and your shipping information to a third-party shipping service. Also, if you elect to save your credit card or other billing information for future use, that information will be transmitted to a third-party credit card processor and stored by them to complete purchases you make in connection with our Service.
If the ownership of all or substantially all the Finao business were to change, information might be transferred to the new owner so our Service can continue operations. We may also transfer information if we partner with another company. This is not the plan, but we need to say it anyway.
CHANGING OR REMOVING INFORMATION
Access and control over most Personal Information on our Service are readily available in your account settings. You may modify or remove information from your online profile. Finao may delete your information from its system, at its sole discretion, at any time. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable by us in cached and archived pages.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will always maintain your personal information in a secure network or cloud-based environment, accessible only by a limited number of our team members. Your information is only viewable by our team as necessary for the conduct of their scope of work. We will take appropriate and necessary precautions to prevent loss, disclosure, or misuse of your personal information and images. We will treat your work and information with professional respect, courtesy, and ethical conduct.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We take many precautions to protect your Personal Information; however, none are guaranteed 100% effective. As a result, Finao does not guarantee that Personal Information you provide to us will remain secure in perpetuity. We store your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. If you have any questions about the security of the Finao website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not responsible for unlawful attempts at circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Service. There is always another fresh hacker who gets up hating the world in the morning.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on our Site is a violation of the Finao Terms of Service. Please report violations to email@example.com.
TERMS OF SERVICE, NOTICE, AND REVISIONS
By using our Service from any country other than the United States, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
If you ever happen to be in Saline, Michigan, or Syosset, New York, call us for an appointment and come by to visit and check out samples in person. We even give tours of our New York production facility. That's where the magic happens!