An artist always signs their work. Nothing beats a professional presentation for the power to generate new and repeat business. Seize the opportunity to increase referrals by including your studio name or logo inside the front or back cover of an album. Our custom studio imprinting dies are so affordable EVERY photographer should have one.
Generate new and repeat business by imprinting your studio logo inside the cover of an album.
Typeset Studio Imprinting
One branding option is traditional metal type imprinting, created when debossed depressions are stamped inside the cover and accented by your choice of a metallic foil. It's an inexpensive way to promote your studio and can be added to nearly all Finao products.
Most cover materials accept imprinting, except where noted. Typeset text imprinting is available in a choice of five fonts, different sizes, and seven colors of metallic foil or clear imprinting.
Typeset Imprinting Guidelines:
- Typeset imprinting is case sensitive. We imprint all type EXACTLY as you entered on the order form. If you type your imprint in capital letters, we will imprint in all caps. Remember to include punctuation, especially with dates.
- Typeset studio imprinting is limited to one line of up to 35 characters and spaces. If you need something more contact us for a custom consult.
- Not all of our standard fonts will fit or look as intended on all album sizes. Please select your font and size carefully, keeping the album proportions in mind.
- Our typeset fonts do include special, non-alphabetical characters commonly found on a keyboard. To avoid delays, contact us to check on specific availability BEFORE you place your order.
- Custom Studio Die imprinting is also available. Visit the Finao Studio Die page for instructions on how to begin. Studio brand imprinting is discounted by 50% when using a die instead of set type, just $5 per use instead of $10.
Choose from five available fonts and varying sizes. We utilize the same fonts and foil colors for both cover and studio imprinting so that you can coordinate your presentation.
- Coronation 24 pt. & 36 pt.
- Fournier 18 pt. & 24 pt.
- Goudy Cursive 36 pt.
- Modern 30 pt. & 48 pt.
- Pascal 36 pt.
- Choice of black, white, red, gold, silver, copper, and rose gold color foils or clear
Studio Die Imprinting
Reinforce your brand image and promote your studio with custom metal die imprinting.
Imprinting creates a debossed depression that is accented by your choice of a metallic foil. Custom dies start at a totally affordable $35! We keep it on file for you, and every future use is just $5. For less than the price of a fancy latte, you invest in referrals from your client's friends and family.
Choose from any of our standard imprinting foil colors of black, white, red, gold, silver, copper, rose gold, or just a clear imprint. Contact us if your brand needs something a little different. You can imprint with dies inside the front or back cover of an album; imprinting locations vary for other products.
The best dies have clean, solid, black and white artwork; shading, screened areas, or gradients will not reproduce well. Heavy black areas, very fine lines, and ornate fonts do not imprint well. We recommend you use a moderate outline for the best results. To maximize your die's lifespan, do not include information that may change over time (e.g., phone number).
We will check your artwork before making the die, and let you know if there may be problems. We want you to look your best but cannot guarantee the results on any design. If you have ANY questions, please contact us before you submit your order so we can avoid disappointments.
If this is your first studio die with Finao, you will want to create your design and submit it BEFORE adding any other items to your shopping cart. The "imprint with studio die" option will then appear in a product's order form. Once you have ordered a studio die once, the option to "imprint with studio die" will automatically become available for each new order.
If you purchase both Finao and Seldex products, you will need to order two separate studio dies. Finao is the North American distributor for Seldex, an album and photographic products company in Australia. Your Finao die lives in New York for use on Finao products; your Seldex die hangs with our friends in Australia for use on Seldex products. That makes it hard to share them.
Studio Die Guidelines
- Artwork must be solid black & white (no gradients)
- The recommended die size for most albums is 2x4"
- Use a TIF file format at 300 PPI
- Files should not exceed 2MB
- Die set-up fee starts at $35 for a minimum 2x2" die. Add $10 per each additional inch
- Ready to use in 7-10 business days
- Imprint your brand on any product you order for just $5
- Now that was EASY!
7-10 business days