Creating and Ordering a Custom Cover Die
Creatively upsell with a foil imprinted custom cover design. Foil imprinting dies are like an album tattoo—a design with personal meaning for your client will evoke lasting positive emotions and memories.
Die imprinting creates a debossed depression that is accented by your choice of any of our standard foil colors of black, white, red, gold, silver, copper, rose gold, or in clear.
Create a custom cover die to imprint your client's design, monogram, or corporate logo in sizes from 2x2" to 8x10". Apply to a single album or keep it on file for reuse.
Most cover materials accept imprinting, except where noted in our swatch images. We imprint with dies on the front cover of an album; imprinting locations vary for other products.
The best die designs have clean, solid, black and white artwork. Shading, screened areas, or gradients will not reproduce well. Heavy black areas, very fine lines, and ornate fonts also do not imprint well. We recommend you use a moderate outline for the best results.
Our customer service team will check your artwork before making the die and let you know if we anticipate problems. We want your album to be beautiful, but cannot guarantee the results on any design. If you have ANY questions, please contact us before you submit your order so we can avoid disappointments.
Add your custom die in the Imprinting section of the album order form. Upload your .TIF file to our server with your spreads.
Custom Die Guidelines
- Artwork must be solid black & white (no gradients)
- Available die sizes range from 2x2" to 8x8"
- Upload your design in a .TIF file format at 300 PPI
- Files should not exceed 2MB
- Die creation/set-up fees start at $75 for 2"x4" or less, and $100 for larger dies (up to 8"x8"). Once we determine the actual cost of creating your die, with your approval we will charge your card for the balance.
- Each foil imprinting of your design is $35 for 2"x4" or less, and $75 for larger dies (up to 8"x8").
- Custom dies are ready to use in 7-10 business days